- How many steps are needed in the process of pipelines built?
- What are the commonly used welding methods for oil pipelines
- Do you know new anti-corrosion technologies for pipelines
- Development trend of global continuous pipe drilling technology
- Do you know about difference between oil pipeline and gas pipeline
Standards for line pipe
What is API?
The American Petroleum Institute(API), founded in 1919, is the largest petroleum and natural gas industry association in the United States. The main contribution of API is to develop a series of standards for oil and gas industry in accordance with legislative and environmental requirements. The purpose of standards is to help enterprises to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness. At the same time, it is standards of the OCTG products which requires company producing high quality products, ensuring the quality and reliability of industrial equipment, so that customers can have good sourcing experience. So far, API is one of the most popular and successful documents. oil products with the API specification is considered to be very qualified and customers can buy at ease.
API standard for pipeline
API 5L pipe production is currently using micro alloy heating treatment process. The production costs of seamless stainless steel pipe are significantly higher than the welding pipe and with the increase of steel grade, the limit of carbon content is more and more strict. At present, all the major manufacturers carry out research work in order to improve the corrosion resistance of the pipeline and ensure the stable performance in low and high temperature.
PSL is referred to as the level of product specification. The product specification of the pipeline is divided into PSL1 and PSL2, there is a difference of only a single word, but the content of these two standards are completely different. The quality level of PSL2 is higher than that of PSL1, these two standards are not only different from the inspection requirements, but also the chemical composition and mechanical properties are different.
Specification sheet of pipelineMechanical Properties:
|Standard||Grade||Tensile(Mpa)||Yield(Mpa)||Yield Ratio||Elongation(%)||0℃ Impact Akv(J)||Heat Treatment|
|API SPEC 5L||B||≥415||245～440||≤0.80||22||≥40||N|
|API SPEC 5L||X42||≥415||290～440||≤0.80||21||≥40||N|
|API SPEC 5L||X52||≥460||360～510||≤0.85||20||≥40||N|
|API SPEC 5L||X60||≥520||415～565||≤0.85||18||≥40||N|
|API SPEC 5L||X65||≥535||450～570||≤0.90||18||≥40||H+T|
|API SPEC 5L||X70||≥570||485～605||≤0.90||18||≥40||H+T|
|API SPEC 5L||B||≤0.16||≤0.40||≤1.10||≤0.020||≤0.010||－||－||－||≤0.42|
|API SPEC 5L||X42||≤0.17||≤0.40||≤1.20||≤0.020||≤0.010||≤0.05||≤0.05||≤0.04||≤0.42|
|API SPEC 5L||X52||≤0.20||≤0.45||≤1.60||≤0.020||≤0.010||≤0.10||≤0.05||≤0.04||≤0.45|
|API SPEC 5L||X60||≤0.21||≤0.45||≤1.60||≤0.020||≤0.010||≤0.15||≤0.05||≤0.04||≤0.45|
|API SPEC 5L||X65||≤0.16||≤0.45||≤1.60||≤0.020||≤0.010||≤0.06||≤0.05||≤0.06||≤0.45|
|API SPEC 5L||X70||≤0.16||≤0.45||≤1.70||≤0.020||≤0.010||≤0.06||≤0.05||≤0.06||≤0.45|
TICO OCTG products comply with API
- Tianjin Anson International Co., Ltd(TICO) is specialized in supplying OCTG products with high quality and competitive price. Our products are all up to the standards of API.
- According to the standard of API 5CT,tubing outside diameter is from 1.660 to 4-1/2 (42.16mm to 114.3mm); wall thickness is from 2.3 PPF to 26.10 PPF (3.57mm to 9.52mm). And their steel grades are from H40, J55, N80, N80Q, L80, L80-1, L80-9Cr, L80-13Cr, P110 etc. The length range is R1 (6.10-7.32M), R2 (8.53-9.75M), R3 (11.58-12.8M), R2 is used frequently. And dimension range (OD inch) of casing is 4 1/2---30. The steel grades are H40, J55, K55, N80, N80Q, L80, T95, P110 etc.
- To meet the highest international standards API 5D, Our drill pipe diameters are of 2-3/8" to 5-1/2" with annual capacity of 30 thousand metric tons. We promise to provide all customers best quality and reliability products adhere to the requirements of API 5D. In addition, Anson can provide drill collars from 5 feet to 32 feet, outside diameter in the range of 3-1 / 8 "to 11."
- Based on API SPEC 5L (pipeline specification). Anson offers welding pipeline and seamless pipeline with anti-corrosion process. And under SSAW process, the dimension of seamless pipe is 5" -- 48", but under process of HOT ROLLING, Hot Expanding, SSAW, the dimension is 1"/2"---24". For welding pipe, the dimension is 2--30. Steel grade of line pipes are mainly GR.B, X42, X46, X56, X65, X70, X80, etc.